Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Deka and Dual Battery set-up

Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Deka and Dual Battery set-up

Finally, a real question, and not more trolly bs...

I'm planning, a dual battery set-up for my Taco, mainly to run some lights, small appliance,electronics or the odd power tool.
I know very little about this, so I'm reading what I can.
The Chief Techninian at our base gave me a used Deka Dominator sealed gel beep cycle battery, showing 12.9V, but only 54% charge max (even charging doesn't increase this).
Does anone know if this battery will do for my purposes (cheaper than a new one!), if the charge level will matter, or any tips on these batteries?
I'd appreciate any links to helpful threads, too, (Yes, I'm already using the Search function...)
Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
So what did you end up doing? I'm looking at the same questions myself...
Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
magnetic10 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter-EMT
Name: Don
magnetic10's Tacoma Gallery
How are you charging it? It may sound weird but alot gel cells need to be charged in a series or parallel cant remember which to receive of full charge. Ive had a few like that and we always charged two together.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
Please see Section 9 in the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org for more information on charging and Section 7.1.8 on dual battery setups.