Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

What size of sockets/wrenches do you carry

Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
What size of sockets/wrenches do you carry

Hello,

I searched a few different existing posts on this topic but did not see any that mention the specific socket and wrench sizes needed on a second gen. Tacoma.

I would prefer to carry only the sizes that I need 90% of the time rather than an entire set.

When I owned my 07 JK Unlimited there was a post in that forum that listed the sizes required (18MM for suspension, 14 MM for grounding points, etc).

Can anyone point me to an existing post or list the sizes?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
Its a Toyota not a jeep u don't need tools
Old 09-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
10,12,14,16,17,19,21,22,27,35mm that's what I carry but I have some aftermarket stuff with different sizes.

You could do just about anything on a stock truck with a 10,12,14,16,17,19,21
Old 09-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
A breaker bar, 13/16" socket for the wheel and a portable air compressor. That's it. Can't think of too many situations where a set of tools will let me limp home, without spare parts.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go check and make sure your lug wrench fits the lug nuts on your truck. That's the most important one to carry. My truck came with the wrong lug wrench. It does not fit the factory installed lug nuts. Thankfully I figured that out in my garage, not somewhere else.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
A breaker bar, 13/16" socket for the wheel and a portable air compressor. That's it. Can't think of too many situations where a set of tools will let me limp home, without spare parts.
KenLyns set up is what I carry as well as a socket set and some pliers.