Notices

strange ratat ta tat engine noise

Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
tacocrazychris is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
tacocrazychris's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down strange ratat ta tat engine noise

2006 dc tacoma 140 k
K my truck sounds like a diesle its driving me crazy . Does it in neutral while slowly reving.
Does it when I maintain a steady speed . Goes away when I accelerate hard or when idleling . Had my truck for a year and never sounded like this never . I had a timing cover replaced by the dealer ship a month or two ago and now this knocking is pissing me off
I've spoke with a few tecks and they can't really tell three thing they said were the crankshaft bearings a oil pump or a rod

Can anyone share their expeince with any of these issues?

All I can do is turn up the radio
Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocrazychris View Post
2006 dc tacoma 140 k
K my truck sounds like a diesle its driving me crazy . Does it in neutral while slowly reving.
Does it when I maintain a steady speed . Goes away when I accelerate hard or when idleling . Had my truck for a year and never sounded like this never . I had a timing cover replaced by the dealer ship a month or two ago and now this knocking is pissing me off
I've spoke with a few tecks and they can't really tell three thing they said were the crankshaft bearings a oil pump or a rod

Can anyone share their expeince with any of these issues?

All I can do is turn up the radio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocrazychris View Post
My 06 dc sounds like a diesle the more I drive it the louder it get but when I baby it not as loud I'm not a gearhead but to me it sounds like its gonna come right through the block how do I tell if its a rod or if it something else.
140k kms
Make a video of it and post it here.