LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

I think my gas pedal got stuck today

Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm sure the neighbor said "Silly whippersnapper" as it happened.
I'm sure that's what you thought he said. I'm pretty sure he thought "That little ball nobbler. Peeling out in my neighborhood. If that were my kid I'd beat his ass with a leather belt till the cows came home. Back in my day kids were disciplined. We never had no stinking new trucks. No sir, we had old broken hand me downs. And we liked them that way! Up hill, both ways, in the snow, during a tsunami. That reminds of Qui Gong back in '67. We were flying low over the rice paddies..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
After a quick review of the 2nd gen owners manual via Toyota.com, it seems this is a perfectly normal function of the Off Road and Sport Models. If you look on page 22 of the pdf, it shows that the only way this is possible is under normal operating procedures with 4x4 engaged only.

It seems you accidentially pressed ZZ, which initiates the truck into "barrel roll" mode.
You sir win.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #23
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
when you park do you use the e-brake? I know mine sometimes in cold temperature or if they are wet they kind of freeze and when you disengage it you either have to give it a bit more gas, or rock the truck back a forth for them to come loose.. its the only thing that comes to mind...
Old 09-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'm sure that's what you thought he said. I'm pretty sure he thought "That little ball nobbler. Peeling out in my neighborhood. If that were my kid I'd beat his ass with a leather belt till the cows came home. Back in my day kids were disciplined. We never had no stinking new trucks. No sir, we had old broken hand me downs. And we liked them that way! Up hill, both ways, in the snow, during a tsunami. That reminds of Qui Gong back in '67. We were flying low over the rice paddies..."

You sir win.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
You know I think I agree with this, 17 is very young and still very new to driving. I would take it in and have them look at it to rule out driver or vehical error.

Biggest waste of time and money.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Driving in life isn't GTA / NFS you can still kill and damage your vehicle resulting in loss of profits from the car not getting to the destination.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
You guys ever had a water bottle rolling around by your feet?
I did once, then it got stuck between the gas and the brake. I was wheeling on my way to a beach- made for one hell of a hill climb.

So I sued toyota for having faulty water bottle prevention measures.

I won, and they gave me a twinkie and some ritalin
Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #29
TacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chandler
TacomaMan07's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for most responses. The rest of yall are being d**kheads. Yeah i plan to sue Toyota...... Some of yall are acting like since im 17 that i was being not being responsable and being dumb. Sorry i hit the gas and it took off and i almost hit a brick building the size of a football field. And yes, more than likely it was driver error, but who knows(oh wait yall know everything since you read toyota blogs all day). But i personally have drove 13xxx miles on it and nothing like that has ever happened. cant wait to sue toyota for it......
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #30
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you had some fun after one too many beers and some partying with a guitar shirtless.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #31
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
may i ask a question? . . . what the fuck do 17 year olds do in alabama now a days?!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #32
TacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chandler
TacomaMan07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
may i ask a question? . . . what the fuck do 17 year olds do in alabama now a days?!!!

hahahaha thats actually my cousin after a Bama game, im pretty sure. he acts and looks just like me.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #33
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with sueing toyota......I would probably think the same way as you do if my truck did that, but then I would come to my senses and recall it was my own fault. I don't think anyone is telling you suck at driving, just that accidents happen.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #34
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
You do need to be careful wearing boots with these trucks....the gas and brake pedals seem a bit closer than other vehicals. I use hip waders to load the boat on the trailer and touched the edge of the gas pedal when appliing the brake after backing down the ramp one time. Luckly I realized what happened right away and moved my foot REAL quick.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #35
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMan07 View Post
Thanks for most responses. The rest of yall are being d**kheads. Yeah i plan to sue Toyota...... Some of yall are acting like since im 17 that i was being not being responsable and being dumb. Sorry i hit the gas and it took off and i almost hit a brick building the size of a football field. And yes, more than likely it was driver error, but who knows(oh wait yall know everything since you read toyota blogs all day). But i personally have drove 13xxx miles on it and nothing like that has ever happened. cant wait to sue toyota for it......
Calm down.Take another look at how everything was worded.Nobody was flaming you that hard or seriously telling you to sue, it was all just in good fun.

And for the record...
*Responsible.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #36
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Calm down.Take another look at how everything was worded.Nobody was flaming you that hard or seriously telling you to sue, it was all just in good fun.

And for the record...
*Responsible.
X2 you did ask what happened
Old 09-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #37
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Op, why so mad
???
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #38
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
That was your neighbor saying that about you. I'm in CA so the lady home probably just said, "Fucken retard in his retarded loud truck."
Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That was your neighbor saying that about you. I'm in CA so the lady home probably just said, "Fucken retard in his retarded loud truck."
My neighbor drives a 92 Hyundai Elantra or a 93 Montana Mini Van.

He's just jealous.

And his neighbor on the other side drives a brand new Dodge 1500 Long Horn edition on 35's. But it's just lifted enough to make it look stock. I have to admit, it looks pretty fucking bad ass.