1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inner Axle Seal HELP

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 1Falconer, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sep 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    1Falconer

1Falconer [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Extended Cab 4wd
    backlit 4wd selector, air bags, 2 1/2" lift, K&N intake, 120V by-pass and plugs in cab, tinted glass all around
    After some research I have found that the guy behind the parts counter didn't know his S*#T :brianr: Tried to convience me that I had to buy a complete rear hub in order to replace a axle seal. His reply was "They don't make 'em like they used to". I'm old but NOT stupid :eek:. My question does anyone have a part number and manufacturer by any chance for the inner axle seal??? Also if anyone can help me out with the size of the "O" ring I want to replace that also instead of cleaning it and putting it back in. Tearin' apart and putting back together is the easy part finding the correct part is the hard part. Thanks in advance to any and all help.

2. Sep 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Walk right into your local dealer. Right in stock more than likely. correct size and everything. Not so hard. If not local then I'm sure others have done this and lots of guys take down the part numbers. Give them a little while and i bet you'll have them numbers.. If that was a dealer then he's an idiot.

OH Welcome :wave:

3. Sep 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I just bought 2 of what I believe to be inner axle seals. I'll see when I get the parts. I can grab you a part number then.

4. Sep 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    1Falconer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Extended Cab 4wd
    backlit 4wd selector, air bags, 2 1/2" lift, K&N intake, 120V by-pass and plugs in cab, tinted glass all around
    Thanks for the input and the Welcome. I used to be known as Goshawk out here but due to my lack of activity they wiped me off their books so I had to re-registar using a different name.:eek:

5. Sep 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    1Falconer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 Extended Cab 4wd
    Thanks to those that replied to my question and thanks for the Welcome also. I used to be known out here as Goshawk but due to my lack of activity they wiped me off their books so I had to re-register with a completly new name.

:D

Products Discussed in

To Top