Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

ABS Brake warning light, right brake light

Old 09-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
rdalerose is on a distinguished road
rdalerose's Tacoma Gallery
ABS Brake warning light, right brake light

I'm new here so thanks in advance for all the help.

Strange thing happened today...... A strap got caught on the drive shaft.... the hook of the strap hooked onto the wiring harness at the back of the cab.... ..... the only visual sign of damage was a back connector plug behind the spare tire was unconnected... other than that there is no visual damage...

however..

after you start the truck the abs, brake warning light and skid indicator light will not go off and the right side brake light does not work..... the turn signal works the parking lights work ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dale
Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalerose View Post
I'm new here so thanks in advance for all the help.

Strange thing happened today...... A strap got caught on the drive shaft.... the hook of the strap hooked onto the wiring harness at the back of the cab.... ..... the only visual sign of damage was a back connector plug behind the spare tire was unconnected... other than that there is no visual damage...

however..

after you start the truck the abs, brake warning light and skid indicator light will not go off and the right side brake light does not work..... the turn signal works the parking lights work ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dale
#1 Welcome
#2 THAT SUCKS !!!!!
#3 Yea you most likely have ripped out some wiring you can't see.
As a guess you pulled the abs sensor wiring out somewhere. This would cause the abs, bk warning light to come on.
I think if you find one problem your going to find all of them in the same area.

Your going to have to really look hard and pull the plastic covering off the wire looms and inspect. I don't think you hurt any hard parts so patience will be the key. So where she got hooked is where i would start looking. Check your fuses too.

Oh yea. if you find some wiring issues and you repair them the abs, skid more than likely won't go out. In some instances i have seen it but that was feedback issues. So don't get upset, and have the system scanned and the codes cleared.
Good luck