Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP !

Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
cd2cd2 is on a distinguished road
Name: C.D.
cd2cd2's Tacoma Gallery
HELP !

I just purchased a 05 tacoma v6 with air bag suspension. It has an valve stem behind rear lic. plate. How much air pressure should I keep [max]-[min]?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
I would ask the previous owner or go to the air bag website. Does it ride OK now?
I am sure the manufacturer can give you some general PSI.
Had height adjustable shocks on a 69 Camero(about 100 years ago),
Just depended on how stiff or spongy you wanted the ride.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
15-50 psi. (it is rated to 100 but NEVER inflate it that high) I found that 20 was good for everyday driving and the most I ever had them at was 45 psi with a super heavy load for a Baja camping trip. Mine was an '05... is the truck silver?

Oh, I see you say just one valve... Mine had seperate air valves on each side of the license plate.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Googled
"Auto air bag suspension recommended PSI"
Should get you the info your looking for.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I already gave him a range... as it sounds like he had the same set up as I did (RideRite).
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
cd2cd2 is on a distinguished road
Name: C.D.
cd2cd2's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Thanx......

I've been ride'n with 20 psi & it rides pretty good thanx again
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #7

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd2cd2 View Post
I've been ride'n with 20 psi & it rides pretty good thanx again

Excellent... and when you load up the truck... just add air to level it... 35-45 psi may be fine!