Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP - Drop Bracket Blues

Old 09-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
SeaPig173 is on a distinguished road

Army: De Oppresso Liber
SeaPig173's Tacoma Gallery
HELP - Drop Bracket Blues

So I put a Fabtech DB Lift with all the sexy coilovers and resevoir shocks in the rear, and now I realize I was a little hasty, a lot un-informed (pre tacoma-world browsing), and now pretty bummed. The truck handles okay, I need to get some UCAs to correct the alignment issues, IF I keep the current set up.

I'm not desert racing. I'm hitting the trails and doing mild to moderate rock crawling. Most importantly, I'm doing more expeditions than anything else. I have a deposit going to Deaver in a few weeks to bet new rear leafs to get rid of the blocks and sag, and increase the max load.

What are my options?
1- I can take out the DB kit, weld in a crossover and install a LT kit, but I need to win the lottery to buy the LT kit.

2- I can sell the truck and start over, but I may need to sell a kidney or win the lottery just a little.

3- Or, I can stick with what I have and try to make it work. Probably the preferred course of action, especially when taking counsel from my CFO.

So what are your thoughts? If you have something to say, please explain with some kind of technical reasoning. It's not a popularity poll; I'm trying to learn from my mistake. This should help anyone else considering a Drop Bracket Lift kit from making my same mistake, and also helping someone recover from the same pitfalls I have made.

Cheers,
SP
Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldnt need new uca's to correct allignment, mine is perfect