Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

4 runner exhaust system...

Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
4 runner exhaust system...

My SIL bought this POS, beat to death 90 4 Runner with a rusted off tailpipe and a plugged cat converter.

I was going to order a cheap glass pack and have a local muffler shop weld the glass pack on to the head pipe in front of the cat converter now sits and bend to the rear bumper...and my only question is what size glasspack pipe size should I order. My gut says 2"...

And the only reason I would like to order one is advance is I don't know if the local shops stock glasspacks.

Howard
Old 10-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You might be better off having the exhaust shop make a new exhaust. IT shouldnt be very expensive. A decent muffler should be about 30 to 40 bucks.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Livin' the taco life
jcemitte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
jcemitte's Tacoma Gallery
Were you wanting to go with the glass packs cause you wanted a poppyish exhaust or were you trying to go a different direction? if your just trying to get in runnin i would just have them return it to stock. maybe about $100 or less but itll be worth it to do it right.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Let me try this again....the cat converter is plugged, the exhaust system is MISSING at the back of the muffler and the head pipe looks nasty:-) To do this exhaust system back to stock is about $500....

However, Rock Auto shows a 2" glasspack for it, but it is not a bolt on, since there is a flange at the cat convertor and the glass pack is a slip on.

So, back to the drawing board.

Howard