Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Alarm malfunction

Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
dnoel is on a distinguished road

Name: Douglas
dnoel's Tacoma Gallery
Question Alarm malfunction

less than a month ago, I bought a 2007 tacoma TRD Off road 2x4. since then the 5 chirp door alarm has gone off spontaneously early in the morning: 5:30, 5:28, 5:32, 4:00, and 3:35 (all am). I live in the woods and there've been no tracks to indicate someone's been there nor have the dogs picked up on anything.I've had it to the dealer 3 times and they can't find what's wrong. I called the 800# and was told it had to do with the battery. I relayed this info to the service rep but it still happens. It may be happening more often but that is when I've had the bedroom window open and heard it. any ideas?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Try adjusting sensitivity and see how it goes.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:14 AM   #3

dnoel's Tacoma Gallery
alarm malfunction

How do I do that? My owners manuals contain nothing about alarms. Would it have anything to do with the little red button on the dash to the right of the steering column? Thank you for your time and assistance.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suspect your alarm is an after market installation done by your dealership. Determine the make and model (ask your dealer) and then do some research.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I had to have my dealership adjust the sensitivity on my alarm system (upgraded Toyota Alarm). It was so sensitive that the wind was setting it off in the middle of the night. First solution to my issue: put it in the garage.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:01 AM   #6

dnoel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Taylor toyota says it can't be adjusted and denies what the upgraded manual says, that the intrusion alarm portion is to go off when set and door handle is pulled. Alarm went off at 3:30 am today. No wind. No animal tracks and no scent picked up by the dogs. If anyone can provide specifics, I'd appreciate it and will pass them on to dealer. They weren't even aware it had this alarm until I showed them the manual.