Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

OBA System Multi Use Help Needed

Old 10-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
OBA System Multi Use Help Needed

Hello,

After I finish my current project im planning on adding/modifying an OBA system for my Tacoma.

I've searched all over but I do not find anyone with a system that airs all the things needed with the same system. Perhaps it is not possible?

Basically I need an air system that I can use to ait the following:

- ARB Rear Locker

- Rear Firestone Ride Rites (with in cab controller, for switched raise/decrease of pressure)

- Spare for airing tires and perhaps using an air tool (though the air tool wont be common and at most it would be for like taking the tires nuts off and such)

Is there a way for me to wire the 3 lines into 1 OBA system? I know that the ARB uses an actuator/solenoid. The Ride Rites use a pressure controller and for the spare hose it's pretty much just having it there after the tank.

So how would I go about connecting the Airbag and air locker specific systems to the same OBA system? Or I'm I going to have to run dual OBA systems?

If I'm explaining myself in a weird way, please tell me so and Ill try to come up with a sketch or something.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Everything there is possible, but you will need a lot of volume.

You will need a large tank and a Large compressor.

If it were me I would get a 20lb. CO2 tank, mount it upright so you can use it all the time. Run a line to the locker, another line to the airbags and a connector for a air hose.

Keep the regular at 90 psi and everything will work fine. Depending on how much you will use a 20lb. tank should last for months. It's about $30 to refill.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the information.

Question however,...

I know I can split the line coming from the compressor or the tank. But would I be able to install the hardware that supplies the air to the airbags or the locker on the line itself?

That's my doubt, since I though i'd have to mount it near/on the compressor.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what hardware is required for the air bags, but the ARB locker just uses an electronic solenoid. So yes you can install the solenoid anywhere along the line that connects to the locker.

I am sure the air bags are similar.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #5

Sweet.

Thank you very much for the info man.