Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

exhaust size/type

Old 11-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #1
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust size/type

What size is the exhaust on my truck.... I wanna replace my muffler with something a lil louder.... And also what would you suggest???
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
alot of people have been going with the flowmaster 40series i personaly love it...i went with 2 though and had the exhaust shop run tru duals
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So, is the 40 series REALLY loud? Especially in the cab, driving down the road? Loud mufflers were awesome back in college, but I'm a little older now so I'm a little more practical these days... So, I was thinking about the 50 series. But is the 50 series really worth it? Is it that much different than stock?

I've checked out YouTube and listened to a bunch of videos and the 40 series sounds great! But I can't get a feel for just how loud it is in the cab. I'm gonna be driving down to Texas for Christmas and a really loud muffler roaring for 24 hours on the highway is going to get annoying REALLY fast!

(I know Will will chime in here.....)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
So, is the 40 series REALLY loud? Especially in the cab, driving down the road? Loud mufflers were awesome back in college, but I'm a little older now so I'm a little more practical these days... So, I was thinking about the 50 series. But is the 50 series really worth it? Is it that much different than stock?

I've checked out YouTube and listened to a bunch of videos and the 40 series sounds great! But I can't get a feel for just how loud it is in the cab. I'm gonna be driving down to Texas for Christmas and a really loud muffler roaring for 24 hours on the highway is going to get annoying REALLY fast!

(I know Will will chime in here.....)
Just the nature of the V6 behind ANY custom exhaust will be annoying on any long trip you take. Where a V8 tone splits in two and harmonizes at freeway speeds, a V6 just has one tone that gets louder
Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow - that's great to know! Maybe I'll just wait until after the new year to do it.........
To think of it, you may have a good idea there-you want your drive to be a smooth comfortable one-especially during the holidays then come first of the year-modd it up
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #7

thanks.... anyone know the dia of the stock exhaust. And what would you suggest for the 2.7L
Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
geerts016
geerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nice

geerts016's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I read around these parts that 2.5 in/out is the correct size...
yeah the size of the tip. the actual exhaust tubing is 2.25'' OD i found that out when i put on my aero turbine.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #11

thanks guys.... How do you think a glasspack would sound?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
loud and raspy...and i dont think the 40 series is that loud when driving on the highway...but maybe im just used to it...idk
Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Just the nature of the V6 behind ANY custom exhaust will be annoying on any long trip you take. Where a V8 tone splits in two and harmonizes at freeway speeds, a V6 just has one tone that gets louder
Guess Im lucky. but then again I have Headers. Soo, on a long drive cruizing on the freeway, I get to hear a deep rumble out of my Borla Cat Back.

All depends on the set up. Take a Tacoma over a V8 anytime, unless someone handed me a Tundra. But, the Tacoma would still be my Favorite
Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #14

i think i will just get the super44....