Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Front brakes lock up

Old 11-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
Brown741 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Machinist
Brown741's Tacoma Gallery
Front brakes lock up

My front brakes lock up and the pedal will not go down. The pads brun. I have replace rotor pads and calibers, but still have the same problem.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck piston(s) maybe?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I swear I just read another post like this lastnight.........Master prob, or was it the booster? Damn Ambien.
Brake booster.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Master cylinder?

I don't know if the booster would hold the line pressure that much to cause the brakes to lock up?
ell, I had it happen to my 2000. A guy on here just had it happen to his second gen. What was happening in my case is that the brakes would start to gradually apply themselves until the front locked. I cant clearly remember (it was 8 years ago), but it might have been the brake booster. The guy on here that had the same thing happen said he took it to the dealer and thats what they told him.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Bowlerbill is on a distinguished road
Bowlerbill's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 Sport was washed in the late afternoon to get the dust and mud from the body and the undercarriage. I also shot a stream of water at the inside of the wheels to get the dirt off the inner rims and front rotors. I drove it about 501 and parked it for the night. The next morning, I could spin the rear tires but the truck did not move in 2WD, 4H or 4L.
By the time the tow truck showed up that afternoon, I guess things had dried out. The dealer found nothing wrong and said they have a similar problem happen when they wash vehicles and leave them overnight.