Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rustoleum and Fluid Film

Old 11-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Bayrider is on a distinguished road
Name: Kal
Bayrider's Tacoma Gallery
Rustoleum and Fluid Film

After reading several posts on rust and rust proofing, I think I will paint the under carriage of the truck, since it is brand new, with Rustoleum and spray it several times a year with Fluid Film. Does Rutoleum require a primer?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Thread moved to the proper section.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I've always painted the frames, fender wells, axles, and various brackets of my trucks with rattle can black paint. It keeps the truck looking good from the ground up.

I don't currently live where they salt the roads, or near the ocean like you, but I've never had any rust issues on frames.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you need to primer before using rustoleum. Follow the instructions and you'll be golden.

Good luck.