Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
New2Taco
AGonzalez101 is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Big AL
AGonzalez101's Tacoma Gallery
Best Gas Treatment for 99 Taco

Hello,

Im looking for a good gas tank treatment for my 1999 Tacoma. it has the 4 cylinder 2.7 lt engine. No 4X4...

Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGonzalez101 View Post
Hello,

Im looking for a good gas tank treatment for my 1999 Tacoma. it has the 4 cylinder 2.7 lt engine. No 4X4...

Any suggestions?
I haven't heard of many positive comments regarding pour in gas treatments.

Your best option is resetting your ecu, cleaning your throttle body and MAF sensor. You can then feed Sea Foam through the engine followed by an oil change.

I improved by 2mpg, I recently replaced all my plugs and wires and can get almost 75 more out of a tank of gas with the winter mixture.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
What's the reason for the treatment?

I've used Chevron Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner with great results. I used to put it in with every oil change and it seemed to keep things running very well in my older trucks.

Fink
Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
New2Taco
AGonzalez101 is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Big AL
AGonzalez101's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Taco back in May of this year. I have since then upgraded to BF Goodrich 31 All Terrain's with the OEM rims painted in black. Since my Taco is a PreRunner, i wanted to see how i could save the most on Gas milage.