Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Tacoma Mods: How Much Have You Spent?

View Poll Results: Tacoma Mods: How Much Have You Spent?
$0 118 4.67%
$1 - $500 479 18.95%
$501 - $2000 878 34.73%
$2001 - $6000 726 28.72%
$6001 - $10000 208 8.23%
> $10000 119 4.71%
Voters: 2528. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #41
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, i didnt even bother to look at what year he has. I dunno, you always run a risk adding stuff like that but 600 bucks doesnt sound to bad. I guess it just depends on how much you want a sun roof. Personally, when i had one i didnt use it that much so i probablyl wouldnt pay for it. But if you really want it go for it.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #42
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I think the 3K i have in just the motor in my tacoma would be the most ever spent on one single thing on either of my trucks
Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #43
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Does a rubber bed mat count??? I also put a free sticker on the bumper.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #44
Silver_Jim is on a distinguished road
Silver_Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Silver_Jim Send a message via Yahoo to Silver_Jim
Well I have only had mine for 2 weeks, but I have managed to spend about a $140 on rubber mats and two bike attachment bed mount devices...Can't doing a whole lot of mods until I pay this bad boy down!!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:05 AM   #45
Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division
Oxian is on a distinguished road

Army: Armorer SPC, A Btry 1st of the 82nd Field Artillery, Ft Hood Texas
Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
Ok im disapointed... All these upgrades, all these nice trucks, and not one of you have a roll bar. i think thats one of those things you have to have on a beefy truck. Im new at this so help me out. Are there any for guys (trucks) like us?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:10 AM   #46
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, I have a roll bar in my bedroom bed. K, now on the serious side. Would this new plastic bed be able to support that bar without stress cracks? Next question is, are they available?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 AM   #47

Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunruner19 View Post
Uh, I have a roll bar in my bedroom bed. K, now on the serious side. Would this new plastic bed be able to support that bar without stress cracks? Next question is, are they available?
My honest opinion, Yes. Im assuming someone on this forum and at some time droped a item with the same physical properties as a cinderblock in the bed of thier truck. With that in mind, and mounted solid, I think so. I would be willing to try it.

I read somewere a guy had one that rocked in the wind. (It was custom made so do get too excited.) He didnt mention the "poly" bed crackin.

So here's hopin!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #48

Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
$230 on Projector headlights.. but by the time i come home will be just over 2 grand.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #49
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Can I change my vote? I got a little excited a few weeks ago and now I've broken the 500 mark. URD MAF Calibrator, URD TCAI, C2C Hood Struts, DashHawk.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #50
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Can I change my vote? I got a little excited a few weeks ago and now I've broken the 500 mark. URD MAF Calibrator, URD TCAI, C2C Hood Struts, DashHawk.
Me too. I think I've went above the 2K threshold.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #51
Holden02 is a jewel in the roughHolden02 is a jewel in the roughHolden02 is a jewel in the rough

Holden02's Tacoma Gallery
Well lets see here...
RevTeck 3" Lift ($350)
Set of Ruff Country Shocks (crap!) ($200-ish)
5 - 16x8 Black Steel Rims ($375)
5 - 295/70R16 Nitto Terragrapplers ($700)
4 - 305/70R16 Hankook DynaPro MT's ($560)
ARB Safari Snorkel ($200)
Can-Back Soft top ($550)
AT Trans Cooler ($75)
Flex-A-Lite Fan ($325)
A Pillar 2 Gauge POD with Trans temp and Volt. Gauge ($150)
K&N Drop in Filter ($45)
4.88 Yukon Gears and Install Kit ($650)
ARB Compressor with Front and Rear Lockers ($1,750)
Gears and Locker install ($300) GREAT DEAL!
Steel for custom rack ($75)
AllPro 3" Rear Leaf Springs ($350)
Poly Steering Rack Bushings ($15)

All I have left till complete...
Front Adjustable Coilovers and Upper A-Arms
U-blot flip Kit
Rear Shock Relocation.
Rock Sliders
Front bumper with winch
Rear bumper and Bed trim.

That should about do it. I have done all of my own work mods and maintenance with the exception of the gears. That has helped a ton on keeping the price tag down. Just started welding and I'm hoping to get a tube bender after the first of the year to start on the protection.

All this has been a long time coming. Good thread.

-P
Old 12-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #52
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's time for a new poll. I've already answered this and been informed that I can no longer update my answer. Here's a question...Do you own a Double Cab, Access Cab, Regular Cab, or (as ndcouch calls it) a quad cab?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #53
07SWB is on a distinguished road
07SWB's Tacoma Gallery
i have spent a total of about $650 on my Xrunner but i have about $2600 in parts on it... hook ups are wonderful, along with free parts haha
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #54
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I think it's time for a new poll. I've already answered this and been informed that I can no longer update my answer. Here's a question...Do you own a Double Cab, Access Cab, Regular Cab, or (as ndcouch calls it) a quad cab?
You know, i dont know why i call it a quad cab instead of a double cab. I think quad cab may be what most American manufacturers call their 4 doors and thats why i'm use to. After being a member of this site i do refer to it as a double cab. Just FYI
Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #55
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Next question is, are they available?
I've looked all over online and haven't found roll bar for the my '06. Been told that until there is enough demand, there won't be one. If anyone knows anything, I'd love to know too!

So far I've got about on mods, but the tube bars were an early x-mas present, so subtract 400 from that....
Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #56
cooter257 is on a distinguished road
cooter257's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

i have a 2007 tacoma and about 6 grand in lift wheels tires and stereo and still much more to go got lots to talk about if anybody is interested
Old 12-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #57
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have about $3600 invested want my truck trd worthy. look in my pics of before and after.
Next is blacking out symbols and headlights, exhaust, and intake. Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #58
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I've looked all over online and haven't found roll bar for the my '06. Been told that until there is enough demand, there won't be one. If anyone knows anything, I'd love to know too!

So far I've got about on mods, but the tube bars were an early x-mas present, so subtract 400 from that....
if you bought them, you cant subtract
Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #59
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i've spent close to $2k on.....

3" toytec lift- 225
wheels and tires - $1000
bull bar - 225
tint - 150
speaker upgrade - 150
toy hitch - 125

Still need......
new exhaust
nerf bars
fog lights for bumper and fog lights for bull bar
roll bar for back
Old 12-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #60
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you bought them, you cant subtract
I subtracted them because I didn't buy them. They "mysteriously appeared" after my last trip in for service. Now that was a cool gift.