Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Tacoma Mods: How Much Have You Spent?

View Poll Results: Tacoma Mods: How Much Have You Spent?
$0 118 4.65%
$1 - $500 479 18.87%
$501 - $2000 881 34.71%
$2001 - $6000 732 28.84%
$6001 - $10000 208 8.20%
> $10000 120 4.73%
Voters: 2538. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #581
robnolan is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
robnolan's Tacoma Gallery
Not much, about 300-400 bucks so far, i bought some new headlight and fog light bulbs, black led brake light and black led tail lights. Unfortunately I was loading 2x4s in the back one day and cracked one of the led tails, since they only sell them in pairs I am going to pick new ones up down the road that look even better just have to wait till I'm not broke :/
Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #583
Motorkiller33 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Don
Motorkiller33's Tacoma Gallery
$1500 new wheels and tires
Ultra Crusher 16"
Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac 265/75/16
Old 11-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #584
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Including brackets, paint (estimated), installs, and most of all.. parts-- as of right now I came out to $8,925. All of $8k came from May-now in this post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #586
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Damn when I started adding it all up it was heading up north of $9000. Front and rear bumper, sliders, winch, two sets of (5) wheels, a separate set of tires for wheeling, winch, synthetic line, full set of skids, blah blah blah. It's a bit scary to think about but I think my empty pocketbook will put a stop to any big mods for a little while.

Can't say I regret any of my mods (except for the oval nerf steps I purchased with the Taco). Those were about as useful as a boob job on a 4 year old.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #587
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Those were about as useful as a boob job on a 4 year old.
Thats a disturbing simile.....
Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #588
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I may be over 11k now

Not including any installs.... I think that can be affected too easily by location, shops, labor rates, and haggling vs overpaying.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #590
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
over 10k easy :/.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #591
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Mods: How Much Have You Spent?

Goodyear Duratracs - $830.
OME coils, AAL and 5100's - $780
Weathertech (Group buy) - $103
Ultragauge (Group buy) - $60.
Tint and Rain Visors - $120
Fog lights - $110.
Audison VOCE components - $410 (not installed yet)
= $2413
FJ Trail Team wheels- $660 shipped.
=3,073.
Four bed cleats - $40.
30" light bar - $200.
Rigid Duallys and hood mounts - $160.
= $3,473.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #592
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I may be over 11k now

Not including any installs.... I think that can be affected too easily by location, shops, labor rates, and haggling vs overpaying.
If you paid for labor it should be included. Perhaps as one labor total.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #593
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
If you paid for labor it should be included. Perhaps as one labor total.
I'll get back to that later then.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #594
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure I posted in this thread before but im sure its way off now. Ive got about $35,000 into the truck now not including the price of the truck if I included my labor it would be close to 50,000
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #595
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Mactrac spindle lift with blocks - $604 shipped to FL
BMF Novakane 6 chrome - $530 each
305/55r20 terra grapplers - $310 installed
Custom exhaust dumped before axle - $250

Total: 3690
Old 12-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #596
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar springs - $300
OME shocks - $214
4x shock mounts, ubolt flip, ~$105
Poly rack bushings - $20
Tie rod ends/ball joints - $forgotten
31x10.50 Falken ATS's - $500ish, forgot that too
Starter - $100ish
Alternator - $110ish

Really only ~$600 in mods (and that was replacing 274k mile stock suspension). The rest is maintenance.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #598
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought bypasses and bumps putting me over the 20k mark. Lighting and maybe a bajarack and im done until the truck is paid off. As long as I stay under the cost of a raptor I'll be happy (it was between a modified Tacoma or a stock raptor for my purchase).
Old 12-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #599
masterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
masterwacker's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, too much and I don't even want to try and add it up as I would probably pass out...
after my wife hit me upside the head with a baseball bat when she saw the tally.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #600
Yersinia pestis
Glueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGlueman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glueman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Im sure I posted in this thread before but im sure its way off now. Ive got about $35,000 into the truck now not including the price of the truck if I included my labor it would be close to 50,000
Jerry, I've seen your truck and I think you're selling yourself short on the labor part. Just sayin'.....

Edit...unless you work for $5/hr.