1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Prerunner 4Cyl, 5spd manual Transmission Oil Change

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ADVBedouin, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Nov 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    ADVBedouin

ADVBedouin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central CA Coast
    Vehicle:
    '10 Preunner Acc Cab 2.7L 5spd
    2" CCM front spacers, secondary airfilter gone, OEM 16" alloys, Trailer hitch gone, Seat belt buzzer gone, Ignition key buzzer gone, shortened fact. antenna.
    It took me a while to find specs/info on changing out my 5spd manual Transmission fluids, so I thought I'd post a quick DIY, sorry no pics;

All you need is a drain pan, 2.7 qts of oil, a 24mm socket & a decent torque wrench for 27' lbs on both bolts.

-The drainplug is easy to see; bottom of the trans, passenger side, 24mm.
    -The fill plug is also easy to see; driver side, just halfway up the back side, 24mm, just be sure you can crack it open before you drain out the fluid.
    -I used Mobil-1 75/90w synthetic, & they come in long tubular bottles that make filling the trans easy. My trans now shifts noticeably quicker/slicker, albeit slightly more notchy, & I'm quite happy with it (30k miles).
    -Just put an 8-10" long piece of .5" clear tubing on the pointed cap of the oil bottle, press it on very tightly, & you can squeeze in the 2.7 quarts easily.
    -You can then screw the same cap/hose onto the other 2 bottles, & there's lots of room next to the drive shaft to hold the bottles above the fill hole & squeeze the oil in by hand.
    -You do not need a pump for this & it only took me 20 mins start to finish for the entire process.
    -Fill the trans until the 2.7 qts are gone, or until oil starts weeping out the fill hole.
    -Torque the bolts to 27' lbs & you're done.

2. Nov 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    tacokid09

tacokid09 it's about the off-road miles

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian aka B-Lang
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    nom nom nom :popcorn:

Products Discussed in

To Top