1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AVALON Power window master switch Blues :(

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by jrws6, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Nov 22, 2011 at 12:59 AM
    jrws6

jrws6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    I posted this on TN, But wanted some extra input from TW, and Chris4x4, among others.. Coped from my TN thread @
    PSI know it isnt a Tacoma, but alot of good guys here on TW, so any help would be awesome.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397626

Been lurking and searching a while, LOL

I just picked up a commuter 95 Toyota Avalon with 240K. The car runs and drives well, just had a few issues that the other owner was content living with, but I am not lol. The drivers side power window will only go down, (not back up) via the switch. I have removed both door panels and checked for bad places in the wiring paying close attention to the parts that come thru the door from the body. After taking apart the master switch it seems the drives window button is just wore out and sloppy, doesn't make any contact except occasional y down.

Got a new switch from junkyard , and the new switch blew my fuse instantly. Replace fuse, tried old master switch and was able to gain control of the other windows, but of course no drivers side. 2nd junkyard switch blew the fuse instantly again.

I have unplugged the wring harness that goes to the passenger side doors trying to locate this short. doing this tells me that the short is between the master switch harness and the passenger side kick panel. I have also remved the radio, heater controls, glovebox, lower dashes, and all trying to hear where the clicking noise is coming from just before the fuse blows.

so basically I am left with an original master switch that doesn't operate the drivers window, and two "good switches" that pop the PW fuse instantly upon plugging them in.
    ???? Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. where all have you guys found PW shorts?

Products Discussed in

To Top