Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

3M Fuel System cleaning kit

Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
3M Fuel System cleaning kit

Has anyone used this?http://www.amazon.com/3M-08963-Fuel-...hvl_tab0_cpp_4

Is it worth it, or would just buying a generic bottle of throttle body cleaner do the same thing?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
The Lucas/Techron/Insert Brand Here fuel system cleaner is usually only a couple bucks at Autozone or whatever.
Same goes for a can of TB cleaner and a can of MAF Sensor cleaner.
The intake cleaner is the only question mark there. And I think you can get it for less-Check out Seafoam...Same idea, different introduction method.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
At our dealership we just got some new flush machines, and I just did the fuel system cleaning. Let me tell you, I have better getupandgo, I'm hoping to see better mpgs as well. The amount of smoke coming out was nice. Lots of carbon with the e85 gasoline. It was cool to see performed. My boss has only 20k miles on a 2008 car and it smoked more than my 06 with 39k. I'd say go for it. Going to do an engine cleaning as well... Oil change with oil and some trans fluid, then run it, then drain and fill with oil, wait two weeks, drain and fill, then wait two weeks and do it again. I just had an oil change a couple weeks back and my oil is dark again. I do about 7-8000 miles a year and live 3 miles fron work.