1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tranny problem

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by cvc42, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Dec 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    The first dealer I went to- the service adviser went out back to "talk to the head mechanic" after I showed him the TSB and requested the upgrade. He came back after 15 minutes smelling of fresh cigarette smoke and claiming that the mechanics said my tranny is low on fluid. He offered to fill my tranny to the correct level for a mere $230. I said I had just bought the vehicle 2 weeks ago and it was "Toyota Certified" to be free of defects. He basically said "tough!"

I never went back to those idiots- went to another dealer and they had the tranny upgrade done within half an hour - no charge.

2. Dec 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    is it this tranny? i've had a few problems with him/her also

[​IMG]

3. Dec 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    cvc42

cvc42 [OP] Member

Member:
    no mods
    What year is your truck?

4. Dec 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Sounds like axle wrap to me too...especially when it only happens after an abrupt stop. Op...what condition are your rear leaf packs and does the truck have a lift in back useing blocks?

5. Dec 9, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Imagine the tranny fluid...

6. Dec 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure

Mine is 2009. I realize yours is older- as I stated earlier, I am not sure what tranny code is supposed to be in your truck. As far as I know, all Tacomas were recalled for the pedal shave and code flash. Maybe earlier models did not get the flash?

Can anyone confirm that the brake/accelerator code was flashed in 2005 model year vehicles as part of the recall?

Products Discussed in

To Top