LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Good Price?

Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
TacoHpFull is on a distinguished road
TacoHpFull's Tacoma Gallery
Good Price?

Hey guys, im looking at buying a 1997 Tacaoma 2.7L 4 wheel drive. The guy wants 4000 for it which i could probably get for less but i know the guy and want him to get what he wants for it. It has some minor rust on the fender and rear quater but nothing a little work cant fix. The frame is solid but rusted and it has a little over 150000 miles on it. Think its a good buy?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
How rusted is the frame? Repairable? If minor then I would say it's a good buy, if not, then move on!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
Its not bad mainly surface rust. But a friend of mine who has owned Tacomas since I can remember said that i should look for one with lower miles (around 120000). I have around 7 grand to spend on one so i think i can be a little picky. I would also like to find an extended cab just cause im used to one now. I am going sunday to look at a 2000 Nissan Frontier V6 king cab SE with 118,000 miles on it and he wants $6495.00. I really want a Tacoma but this sounds like a good deal. Anyone have any thoughts on the Nissan...are they good, reliable or should i stick it out for a Tacoma. Thanks Guys.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you're asking a Nissan question on a Taco board, c'mon whatcha think the answer will be! I dunno, honestly. I would check the Nissan boards to see what problems other owners are encountering with their trucks. Personally, I would stay with the Taco.

As for the mileage, I've got 123K miles on my '99 so that 150K isn't too bad actually, but if you can find a lower mileage one then I say go for it.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
prairie_bluejay is on a distinguished road
prairie_bluejay's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to prairie_bluejay Send a message via AIM to prairie_bluejay
I just spent $4000 on my 1996 tacoma, but it only had 107k miles... and it's a 2-wheel drive, so I think it sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me...

I do love the truck though... I think you'll be happy if you go with it!

-Colin
Old 07-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
Yeah, i want a Tacoma over a Nissan too, of course haha. I found some other ones up in Maine I am probably gonna have to look at. The main reason I want one is cause a buddy of mine knows them through and through. Thanks guys, im sure ill be in touch again.

Tim