1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Price?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TacoHpFull, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Jul 5, 2007 at 6:21 PM
    TacoHpFull

TacoHpFull [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, im looking at buying a 1997 Tacaoma 2.7L 4 wheel drive. The guy wants 4000 for it which i could probably get for less but i know the guy and want him to get what he wants for it. It has some minor rust on the fender and rear quater but nothing a little work cant fix. The frame is solid but rusted and it has a little over 150000 miles on it. Think its a good buy?

2. Jul 5, 2007 at 7:01 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    How rusted is the frame? Repairable? If minor then I would say it's a good buy, if not, then move on!

3. Jul 6, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    TacoHpFull

Member:
    Its not bad mainly surface rust. But a friend of mine who has owned Tacomas since I can remember said that i should look for one with lower miles (around 120000). I have around 7 grand to spend on one so i think i can be a little picky. I would also like to find an extended cab just cause im used to one now. I am going sunday to look at a 2000 Nissan Frontier V6 king cab SE with 118,000 miles on it and he wants $6495.00. I really want a Tacoma but this sounds like a good deal. Anyone have any thoughts on the Nissan...are they good, reliable or should i stick it out for a Tacoma. Thanks Guys.

4. Jul 6, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Well, you're asking a Nissan question on a Taco board, c'mon whatcha think the answer will be! I dunno, honestly. I would check the Nissan boards to see what problems other owners are encountering with their trucks. Personally, I would stay with the Taco.

As for the mileage, I've got 123K miles on my '99 so that 150K isn't too bad actually, but if you can find a lower mileage one then I say go for it.

5. Jul 6, 2007 at 5:35 PM
    prairie_bluejay

prairie_bluejay New Member

Member:
    I just spent $4000 on my 1996 tacoma, but it only had 107k miles... and it's a 2-wheel drive, so I think it sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me...

I do love the truck though... I think you'll be happy if you go with it!

-Colin

6. Jul 7, 2007 at 1:24 PM
    TacoHpFull

Member:
    Yeah, i want a Tacoma over a Nissan too, of course haha. I found some other ones up in Maine I am probably gonna have to look at. The main reason I want one is cause a buddy of mine knows them through and through. Thanks guys, im sure ill be in touch again.

Tim

Products Discussed in

To Top