Notices

Auto Door Locks

Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
redinKS is on a distinguished road

Name: Kelly
redinKS's Tacoma Gallery
door locks

mgratton,

I would prefer if my locks locked in Drive and unlocked in Park over what they do now. Very poor feature in the usability category in my opinion. And since I worked in a Human-Machine Interface (usability) job for 3 years I think I know a little something about it.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #22
Yoda fan
mgratton is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Mike
mgratton's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the Tacoma is a good truck but Toyota did drop the ball on some minor features that are common in many vehicles these days such as auto locks and automatic headlights.

mikeg
Old 07-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #23
jminnicks is on a distinguished road
jminnicks's Tacoma Gallery
08 Taco with factory keyless entry. HANG IN THERE WITH ME ON THIS ONE,,LOTS OF QUESTIONS OUT THERE THAT ABOUT DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK THAT I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE INFO TO CONTRIBUTE.

Door locks used to lock in Drive and unlock in Park. However, I unknowingly bumped the cover off a small device located under the dash near the hood release handle. With that condition (cover off) whenever the doors were closed a blue light on that device flashed. At this point I couldn't find the cover so while troubleshooting the blue flashing light annoyance, I found a small button on the device and pushed it. That didn't stop the light flashing but once I found and reinstalled the cover, the blue light stopped flashing, however I discovered my doors would remain unlocked regardless of being in Drive or Park AND I had to find instructions to reprogram my keyless entry FOBS as they would not lock/unlock the doors. Obviously, the device is a functioning component of the keyless entry AND a programming feature for auto door lock/unlock depending on transmission position. Pushing the button or other messing around I did with the device changed programming for my locks and keyless entry.

Anyone else had a similar situations we can piece together more clues and solutions !!!!
I liked the auto door lock in Drive and unlock in Park feature and would like to find out how to restore it.