Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Need Lighting and bumper advice

Old 12-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Need Lighting and bumper advice

I was never looking to rig my truck with a bunch of after market stuff just because it is my work truck. However, I need to rig my truck to where it is the work truck I want.

I have my ARE shell coming and I have posted the interior work that I did
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-pics.html

Now I need lighting. I hate the high beams on the Taco. It's like watching a movie from behind wax paper. I have yet do the mod to make my fog lights turn on all the time but that will only help to a point. I want some small angle lights.

What I would like from you (TW) is suggestions on a full bumper and lights. I don't have a budget per se but I don't want to break the bank either. Remember I just bought the Taco and dropped $2000 for my ARE.

I am not a fan of bullbars and I need the protection as I have already dinged the front end.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
all pro front bumper and aux lights
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
this one too is nice great company to deal with and kinda local for you!
http://shrockworks.com/Toyota-Tacoma...-pr-16174.html
Old 12-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
gpspowell will become famous soon enoughgpspowell will become famous soon enough
Navy: Viet Nam Veteran 1964-1967
gpspowell's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like the ARB bumper myself.

Here's what my '08 looks like with the ARB and the covers on the IPF lights. I have them set to come on & off with the high beams and set high enough to see deer & cows early enough for braking at highway speed. I know of one customer with the ARB who hit two deer at highway speed. The only damage to his truck was the bent license plate and the blood & hair all over the front end.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpspowell View Post
I kinda like the ARB bumper myself.

Here's what my '08 looks like with the ARB and the covers on the IPF lights. I have them set to come on & off with the high beams and set high enough to see deer & cows early enough for braking at highway speed. I know of one customer with the ARB who hit two deer at highway speed. The only damage to his truck was the bent license plate and the blood & hair all over the front end.
I like that one. Thanks