LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Turn Signal Doesn't Work When Brakes Applied

Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
jrich44 is on a distinguished road
jrich44's Tacoma Gallery
Turn Signal Doesn't Work When Brakes Applied

I have been having a strange problem with my driver's side turn signal recently, it functions properly only until the brakes are applied. The passenger's side blinker works just fine, but if I try to signal a left turn and use the brakes at the same time I either get no blinker or a very slow blinker.

The first thing I tried was to replace the bulbs, where I replaced both driver's side turn signal and brake bulbs in the taillight assembly. This seemed to fix the issue for a couple days, then the problem came back.

Next, I was thinking that either there is a bad ground somewhere or maybe a bad flasher. I would think that a bad flasher would cause the problem on the passenger side as well, so I'm not sure that's it. Has anyone had this problem, any input is appreciated.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
BigSurTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Torre
BigSurTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to bump this as I'm having the same problem... my driver side blinker is also stuck on when i turn on my headlights???
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
How about you remove your aftermarket trailer wiring converter and see if that fixes it?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have the trailer wiring, start looking for shorts and grounds between the problem circuits. A missing or loose ground will cause some strange symptoms.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
BigSurTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Torre
BigSurTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I shoudn't have bumped this. I kept searching and found a thread with exactly what what you guys are saying... search search search
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Rawbeet is on a distinguished road
Rawbeet's Tacoma Gallery
I just had this start to happen to me can someone tell me what to check or point in the direction of that other thread?