Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

4 qt and 5 Qt?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
4 qt and 5 Qt?

Wal-mart sells 5 qt jug of the mobil 1

and

Advance auto parts and Pep boys sells the 4 qt jug? and more expensive?

but i called couple of wal-mart and all those mobil 1 are selling out! WTF MAN!!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
Wal-mart sells 5 qt jug of the mobil 1

and

Advance auto parts and Pep boys sells the 4 qt jug? and more expensive?

but i called couple of wal-mart and all those mobil 1 are selling out! WTF MAN!!
yeah man..............our walmart has been outta the 5 quart jugs of mobil1 5w20 and 5w30 for the last 2 weeks!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
maricopa_taco is on a distinguished road

maricopa_taco's Tacoma Gallery
Mobil 1 is scarce all over the place. According to the website, they are low due to the hurricane that hit the Texas coast a couple of months ago.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, not here
Old 12-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got two 6qt cases of mobil 1 5w-30w for $23 each with coupon!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah man..............our walmart has been outta the 5 quart jugs of mobil1 5w20 and 5w30 for the last 2 weeks!!!
Hey Tacoman.... whats up. should I be running 10w30 or 5w30. Bought 6qts of Mobil 1 10W/30... Read this and oh well, can someone just school me. Been getting serviced at good owe JIFF Lube; No more. But want to make sure I am ok with vescosity level...

Thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 AM   #7
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

I mean I can get Pennzoil Plantnium the 5 qt... should i get that? I like to stick with Mobil 1
Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
Got two 6qt cases of mobil 1 5w-30w for $23 each with coupon!!!
from where???

Mobil 1 has been out of stock at most places around here. I ended up paying about $45 for 6 quarts.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
from where???

Mobil 1 has been out of stock at most places around here. I ended up paying about $45 for 6 quarts.
Oops soory it was Costco. They have pallets of it.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #10

Platinum Pennzoil good too?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #11

ok people, i called 5 wal-marts, they are all out of mobil 1 and one guy told me, they are limited production due to something about TX with Hurriane. like maricopa_taco was RIGHT!!
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Hey Tacoman.... whats up. should I be running 10w30 or 5w30. Bought 6qts of Mobil 1 10W/30... Read this and oh well, can someone just school me. Been getting serviced at good owe JIFF Lube; No more. But want to make sure I am ok with vescosity level...

Thanks
Eddie....................5w30 is recommended, and is better in the winter especially. the 10w30 is a bit better for the summertime. 10w30 will work, but mileage may not be as good as it will be with the 5w30.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Platinum Pennzoil good too?
i have used pennzoil platinum a few times.....never had a problem with it. i still run it once in a while if there isnt any mobil1 at walmart, or if the penn is a little cheaper. pretty damn good oil, imo!!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #14

i went to wal-mart and MOBil 1 and Pennzoil Plantinum were all sold out
well, they individual 1 qt bottle of pennzoil, screw that!!
I'm going to call around area to see any pennzoil around!! this is insane people!! we have OIL SHORTAGE!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #15

so i had to mix and match!! WTF
I went to wal-mart to get the pennzoil platinum 5w-30 5 gt jug, but they sold out of the individual qt. so I had to get a Suv-truck Mobil1 5w-30!!
I'm sure its ok to mix a half a qt... Damn u hurrican IKE!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #16

im about to do my oil change. went to walmart.......still outta mobil1 5w30, so i went to autozone................sorry to say, no way in hell im gonna pay almost $28 for a 4 quart jug of the mobil1 oil.......yeah....friggin 4 quart jug. went back to walmart and got a 5 quart jug of pennzoil platinum for $23, then an extra quart. i have used it before, in the 06 tacoma i had, and our accord, never had a problem with it. i'll go back to mobil next oil change, but the penn will be good to go for me now!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
Oops soory it was Costco. They have pallets of it.
Costco was much more expensive than even the auto parts stores. I checked hoping to find it cheaper.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #18
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Costco was much more expensive than even the auto parts stores. I checked hoping to find it cheaper.
It's regularly $32 and change for a 6qt case...I had a $9 instant rebate per case on it. Haven't looked anywhere else except Walmart.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #19

sometimes I wish I was a costco member, but I dont go there enough to become a member. the funny thing was when I was in Korea in November.. they had costcos!!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sometimes I wish I was a costco member, but I dont go there enough to become a member. the funny thing was when I was in Korea in November.. they had costcos!!
It used to be worth the membership, just for the gas. But in the last year or so they seem to be about the same price as everyone else. A great place to buy tires! Well worth it!