Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Temp gauge

Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
04 TRD is on a distinguished road
04 TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Temp gauge

I just purchased a 04 4x4 ext cab with a v6 with 38000 miles.The temp gauge reads a little over halfway. Is this normal or do I need to have it checked?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
check the fluids??? mine stays right at half.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 TRD View Post
I just purchased a 04 4x4 ext cab with a v6 with 38000 miles.The temp gauge reads a little over halfway. Is this normal or do I need to have it checked?

Thanks for your help!
pretty normal. mine has always been a little past halfway.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
pretty normal. mine has always been a little past halfway.
yeah my 99 was over half too, but my 2008 is right at half...
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #5

I'dsay if the fluids are good then its okay!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
yeah my 99 was over half too, but my 2008 is right at half...
yeah....my 06 was too. i think the first and 2nd gens are calibrated a little differently.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
04 TRD is on a distinguished road
04 TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #8

No problem lots of help and nice people here!!!! and welcome to TW!!!!