1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

seat covers from dealer

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by stratton, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Jul 14, 2007 at 8:11 AM
    stratton

stratton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    i just bought a 07 double cab tacoma. i had the deal throw in seat covers. but they never fully installed them. i had to push the dowel bar through the seat myself. I can not seem to keep the seat covers from coming loose. anyone else have this problem? or a suggestion on how to keep the covers from slipping off?

2. Jul 14, 2007 at 6:46 PM
    Panama Red

Panama Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    All it takes to correctly install the TRD covers is:
    A. socket (14 mm IIRC) and wrench
    B. wire cutters
    C. four zip ties

What you do is:
    1. Unbolt the seat from the floor and disconnect the electrical connection under the seat.
    2. Turn seat over and cut the two hog rings holding the lower rear flap to the underside of the seat.
    3. Remove the plastic dowel from the loop in the center of the TRD seats.
    4. Slide the center of the TRD seatcover through the joint between the seat back and seat bottom. You need to slide the loop through far enough that you can re-install the plastic dowel into the loop after pulling it through the joint.
    5. Remove the head rest and stretch the top of the seatcover over the seat back (you will have to work at it, but it is doable)
    6. Stretch the seatcover bottom over the bottom of the seat bottom.
    7. Fold the rear seat flap back under the seat (the one you cut free up in item 2) and zip tie it back to the same underwire that you removed it from up in item 2.
    8. Re-attach the electrical connection under the seat and re-bolt the seat back onto the floor.
    9. Cover the headrest and put back onto seat.
    10. Do second seat.

When you do as above, the cover will not come off or even come loose because the loop with plastic dowel is on the backside of the joint and it will not come back through since it is to large. This is why it is so difficult to push it through that seat joint in the first place. When I installed my TRD seatcovers this way (after trying to first install them like you did), my seatcovers are so tight, that I can flip a quarter on them.

Products Discussed in

To Top