Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Threw some codes today: P0606 and P0138, need advice

Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Threw some codes today: P0606 and P0138, need advice

So as the title states, I threw these codes today:

P0138: 02 sensor circuit high voltage (bank I sensor 2)
P0606: ECM processing error

Heres the deal: I have TRD CAI and DT longtubes. I have been running with the CEL on for the last 2 years or so and emissions time came around so I decided to order the URD O2 sim. At any rate, I installed it roughly a month ago and all has been well thus far. I went and did some wheeling and went through a few small puddles.

Now Im throwing these codes. I took the neg. batt. terminal off for 30 minutes and hooked it back up and it threw the codes again immediately.

Im wondering if its possible that water got into the harness where the O2 sim connects and is now "bad" and causing the codes, but I honestly have no idea.

I would like any input and your thoughts!

Thanks for reading guys!
-Kris
Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

*also forgot to add that it threw these codes after the wheeling trip, then cleared themselves for a day.... now theyre back.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #3

early morning bump!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I'd double check the connectors at the simulator. One maybe loose or wet.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...ta/0050042.pdf
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #5

yea I went last night and unplugged the 02 sim and reinstalled it.... still getting the codes. Im thinking water got in and either trashed the O2 sensor or trashed the sim.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
DOUBLEJTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
DOUBLEJTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Any update on this? I'm experiencing a similar situation. Big dump of snow followed by a big melt event = many many puddles. Now throwing P0138 ie. my urd sim isn't functioning anymore. Just wondering if you were able to solve this without having to purchase another sim....?