LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Oil leak @%$#^#

Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #21
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Sorry but I have to ask, who is the girl in your avatar? Man she is smokin!

Brian, whats up with your sig? did you and the smoker get back together?

Denny,

thats the smoker (she said she quit). We are not back together. Just like those pics of me.

(sorry for the hyjacking of the thread)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #22
the foreigner
06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold

06tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
keep us updated!

I'm going to my dealer in the morning for my oil leak I found. I have a 1K left on mile 36K mile warranty, and I also bought the extended warranty.

I also have to have another alingment since my rear sping TSB...its pulling to the right slightly.
ok let us know what they tell you, i'm going until tuesday cause this weekend i'm going to take the little ones to disneyland so the truck has to wait.

are you gonna show them the oil tsb?

[quote=dtrujillo63;289583]Sorry but I have to ask, who is the girl in your avatar? Man she is smokin!

i don't know but it is a hypnotist pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4858 View Post
That valve cover seepage was not gonna get repaired under warranty anyway, They wont replace for a small seepage like that on the valve cover, I would clean and see if it comes back
yep, but beeing the case that i'm on my holiday break and i need to go over there anyways i'm gonna see what they tell me (aahh free time)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacomaprerunner View Post
are you gonna show them the oil tsb?
I didn't know there was one, I'll have to go look at the TSB list thread...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #24
the foreigner
06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Denny,

thats the smoker (she said she quit). We are not back together. Just like those pics of me.

(sorry for the hyjacking of the thread)

lol no worries, remember that's how we roll around here.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #25
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
[/size][/b]

lol no worries, remember that's how we roll around here.

so true. if I go away for a day, the threads title is almost meaningless.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
the foreigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
I t looks like your valve cover gaskets are starting to seep oil past the gaskets you say you are out of warranty Toyota would cover this if you were under 5 years or 60,000 miles. Do you have a extended warranty?

There was this post I started but it is hard to tell by the pictures if the timing cover is involved though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-oil-leak.html
Quote:
I didn't know there was one, I'll have to go look at the TSB list thread...

here you go!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #27
the foreigner

Quote:
so true. if I go away for a day, the threads title is almost meaningless.

yeah that's for sure!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #28
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the link. I couldn't find it.

as soon as I take my shower, I'm headed to the dealership.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #29
the foreigner

ok, i hope they don't give you a hard time and fix the problem.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #30
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok, i hope they don't give you a hard time and fix the problem.

I printed that TSB for the timing chain cover..that looks to be about where its leaking from..just to the (when facing it) left and above of the harmonic balancer.

I'll go and talk to Duane Thomas at Larry Miller here. He was really cool when I went to him about my rear TSB. I've had other questions before I was a member of TW, and he answered them honestly and factually.

Off to the dealership I go right now...
Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #31
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
okay, so I went to the dealership and made an appointment for Monday @ 7. Duane said he'll have them find the cause, and correct the leak (TSB or not) since I only have 35K on my truck.

They are also going to re-align my front end.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #32
the foreigner

man that's cool, i'm happy for you, could i ask you a favor? when they tell you what the problem is, can you ask him how much they would charge you if you were out of warranty. thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #33
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
man that's cool, i'm happy for you, could i ask you a favor? when they tell you what the problem is, can you ask him how much they would charge you if you were out of warranty. thanks in advance.

sure thing man. I see if I can get any other useful info for you too.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #34
geyemd is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
geyemd's Tacoma Gallery
It's your valve cover gaskets or as Toyota officially calls them your 'Cylinder head cover sub-assembly gaskets'.

When your facing your engine from the front of the truck, your timing chain rotates clockwise. The leaks are the the same location as the timing chain and if I had to guess, your value covers just weren't tightened down enough, or tightened way to much (breaking the seal/gasket).

These gaskets are $10 each and are sold separately (or together) as a 'Left' and a 'Right' gasket. If you have 2-3 hours and $25 you can fix this.

But like the others said, clean it up and if it comes back then it's your gaskets.

Take care.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Thread was started on 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM. It is now 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM. Just letting you know.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #36

geyemd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Thread was started on 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM. It is now 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM. Just letting you know.
I knew that, just leaving a trail of pertinent information for people who may need it.

Plus, they have this thing called "Search" now, to where information is more important than time.

Thanks for caring about the dates though...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #37
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
even if you do have a oil leak its no big deal just make sure you dont go low on oil and you will be fine. lay a cloth down under your truck when you park it and keep a eye on the oil level.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #38

geyemd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
even if you do have a oil leak its no big deal just make sure you dont go low on oil and you will be fine. lay a cloth down under your truck when you park it and keep a eye on the oil level.
By laying a cloth down (or a broken down cardboard box), that's good to find where the oil is dripping from (it's not like your going to carry it with you everywhere you go).

Ultimately you would want to diagnose a leak because it could only get worse as time passes.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Ya but you dont care where the oil drips on the street just your driveway or garage. Ultimately you would want to fix the leak but I was just saying its not gona hurt anything to drive it with a leak as long as you watch the oil level.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #40
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by geyemd View Post
I knew that, just leaving a trail of pertinent information for people who may need it.

Plus, they have this thing called "Search" now, to where information is more important than time.

Thanks for caring about the dates though...
Unfortunately no one searches. That is why new threads about old problems are constantly being made.