Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

AFE filter oil on Airaid filter?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
AFE filter oil on Airaid filter?

Hey guys I got a question, my bro just bought a used tacoma with an airaid CAI and the filter looks pretty dirty. I was gonna clean it but all I have is the A.F.E cleaning kit, do you think it will be ok to use the A.F.E filter oil on it?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Check the filter media type, if they are both the same,,, i.e., oiled cotton gauze, then my opinion is that you should be fine. Only time I would put any thought into it is if the media types are different.