1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated seat potentiometers(switches)

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 6spd, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    6spd

6spd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    Down the road, I do plan on installing leather heated seats in my truck. I'm curious if anyone has installed potentiometers as switches(they're like volume control knobs)? I'm sure other automakers have switches like so, but newer vehicles also have cooled seats. I would like to get an oem toyota part that has a dial so I could control the intensity of the heat, instead of off, semi hot, HOT.

side note regarding install: since I will be installing a stereo system before the heated seats, I plan on extending the ignition wire from the head unit wiring harness to a location where I can tap in for the seat switches, that way I will not be cutting into the existing vehicle wiring. same goes for the power, I will probably tap in to the stereo amp power from the distribution block.

food for thought. :eek:

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM
    amadougrand

amadougrand Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwestern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    No dials for me.

I had heated leather put in my 09 4D before I picked it up from the dealer. Those kits only came with a toggle for Low or High. I usually smoke up the high after I'm roasting I kick it to low.

Don't forget the back seat or they are always too cold and you are cooking. The back seat is even more important than the front in my opinion. At least up front you have options.

3. Apr 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    6spd

6spd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top