1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Elec. Problems? 4 quick horn honks, airbag light

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by lowdirt, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    lowdirt

lowdirt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Hi all, I do believe I've got some electrical issues and want to exhaust all my resources before dropping it off at the dealership.

2005 PreRunner SR5, airbag light has been on at least a year (dumb, I know), and now occasionally while driving I'll get 4 quick honks of the horn randomly going off. A couple times that its occurred, I'll notice the dash lights flash on and off as well. And then just yesterday, while passing a friend out biking, I realized that when I went to honk the horn normally, it didn't work. Any ideas on things I--with little to no knowledge of my vehicle's electrical system--could check and/or attempt to repair?

Secondly, if this is something better attempted by a professional with diagnostic machines, is there an alternative to taking it to the dealer for them to charge me $100 just to hook up to their computers? Do non-dealers have similar diagnostic computers? Any recommendations on shops in the Fort Worth, TX area?

Thanks!

2. Apr 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    lowdirt

lowdirt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    *bump

Anybody...?