Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Disabling Traction Control

Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #21
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Before you read my answers, know that OP's truck is a Canada spec 08 Sport. All bets are off. Barely anyone knew about the pre-2009 US spec VSC trucks until I created my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I believe Crom's threads are ABS disable , with VSC being disabled as a side effect.

Is there no VSC button in pre - 09 Tacoma's ?
There is a VSC button on 2007-2008 trucks with the optional VSC/TRAC package. 2005-2006 do not have a button, but do have VSC/TRAC if equipped with the optional package. They simply cannot shut the system down (without mods). It's all on by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Come on you guys... Really???

HE HAS A 2008 SPORT TRD... They have a mechanical (inside the diff) limited slip differential... The kind some of you think is better... but Toyota discontinued with the new TRAC electronic/brake limited slip that CAN be turned off!

SORRY OP... You DON'T have an off button for mechanical limited slips (only in 2005-2008 Sport Tacos).
Correct.

Quote:
I thought the VSC / TRAC system was optional pre -09
Correct.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #22
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you GP3! I am glad I hadn't lost my mind (yet) on here! LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Thank you GP3! I am glad I hadn't lost my mind (yet) on here! LOL
X2 Thanks for pointing out I was correct
Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
X2 Thanks for pointing out I was correct
Lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow.White.Tacoma View Post
Ok guys, no need to argue haha. I have an '08 TRD Sport. No button. No dash light, but brakes are applied when I try to spin out. I'm new to this as I just bought the truck. So is crom's mod the only way to go?
Mind if I ask how you know the brakes are applied? Is there an audible beep in the cab when you break it loose? Do you feel the brakes pulse?

Could it be that that tires are just hopping a bit and causing the truck to shake? I know that in my old manual Ranger, it would shake the stick like crazy when I broke the tires loose.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #26
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have found out that there isnt traction control in my truck. GP3, you are correct. When I was first trying to spin out it dash in a back alley with a bunch of potholes, which were causing the truck to shake. Yesterday I had no problems with traction control driving through a foot of mud. Looks like this thread was pointless! But thanks for all your help guys.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #27

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
No worries.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Wait... pot holes make your truck shake?

Holy fuck...
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #29

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #30
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well one of my shocks was broke in half... :/
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #31
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow.White.Tacoma View Post
Well one of my shocks was broke in half... :/
That's what I thought
Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
Erik2012taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Erik2012taco's Tacoma Gallery
where specifically is the gray connector next to the battery? Will this keep the TRAC from coming back on when you hit 30mph?? Thank you
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik2012taco View Post
where specifically is the gray connector next to the battery? Will this keep the TRAC from coming back on when you hit 30mph?? Thank you
Just fyi... it is VSC that comes on at 30 mph if you are in AUTO LSD mode. Auto LSD is TRACtion control without engine regulation... and to add confusuion AUTO LSD is also called TRAC OFF MODE!

2WD TRAC (traction control with engine regulation)
2WD AUTO LSD/ TRAC OFF MODE (traction control without regulation)
VSC OFF MODE (no VSC and no traction control)

At least through 2011:
4WD-HI TRAC (traction control without regulation)
4WD-LO (no traction control, except on the Off Road TRD)
A-TRAC (Off Road TRD traction control in low range)
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
Teddyshay
teddyshay is on a distinguished road
teddyshay's Tacoma Gallery
Someone told me today that there is a switch for that located under the steering wheel with two wires attached one is gray and one is white.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyshay View Post
Someone told me today that there is a switch for that located under the steering wheel with two wires attached one is gray and one is white.
Sounds airtight