Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

problem with midland cb 75-822

Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
problem with midland cb 75-822

Ok so i have a midlan 75-822 and ive been setting up with a friend. i have a wilson little wil antenna that im using with the radio. so the issue im having is that he can hear me perfectly fine but when he talks to me i cant hear anything. but if i turn it to the weather and then back to CB mode then i can hear him, but once i transmit then i cant hear him any more.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

bump! still cant figure this out
Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
bump
haha dude i cant believe no one is helping me on this. i want to figure out the issues we are haveing with our cb's
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarbarataco View Post
haha dude i cant believe no one is helping me on this. i want to figure out the issues we are haveing with our cb's
our!? i think mine works fine
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
You just have to tune it with the swr are meter and also just google for (how to tune cb antenna) and I found good website to tune it and you can read how to fix the problem and also you tube how to tune cb antenna helped me now I just gotta see if it works
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #7

that what we thought too, but i can hear him everytime he transmitts, and he can only hear me after he goes to weather and back to cb, and it only works for one transmit
Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #10

on the roof, it like mine, mag mount
Old 05-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Okay I can check yours out on Friday with my swr meter just remind me and then I show you how to do it a lot easier if I show you
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure that the antenna mount is grounded properly and that the antenna is NOT grounded! As mentioned above, proper tuning with a swr meter is essential! Also have at least 2/3 the antenna above the roof. Do not loop extra coax, it there is extra coil it in a figure eight.
Hope some of this helps. Keep us updated.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #13

the antenna doesnt need a ground, it mounts on the roof of the truck so the antenna is very high, also the coaxial has no loops, sweet thanks jaun! me and jordan both need it
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

With those magnet ones I Geuss from what I read the problem sometimes there reading is little high and all you do is shave it down 1/4 increments and keep checking the swr meter if it's changing at all
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
the antenna doesnt need a ground, it mounts on the roof of the truck so the antenna is very high, also the coaxial has no loops, sweet thanks jaun! me and jordan both need it
I didn't know it was a magnet mount. And the mount still needs ground, but it grounds itself through the magnet being on the roof.
Be careful when trimming your antenna if it is not tuneable. Cut it too short and you'll need a new antenna. Ask me how I know this. Lol
Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #17

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
How do you know
First antenna I bought I cut too much off had to scrap it. Second one I bought I had it tuned at about 1.5 swr but I wanted better. So I cut it again, wouldn't you know too Damn short. So then I got smart and bought a tuneable one. I spent over $100 on antennas. Lol
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #19

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Dam that sucks right now I got mine down to 1.5 but havent figure out how to get lower
Right now I'm at 1.1-1.2 across all 40 channels. I made sure that my coax is not run by any electrical, not coiled, antenna mount is grounded to the frame properly, 2/3 my antenna is above the roof and I used ferrite cores on the cbs power wires and Mic wires.