1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Optima batteries and the Overland dual battery tray

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by AllMountainToy, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jun 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    AllMountainToy

AllMountainToy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 TRDOR
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
    Hello!

Through searching I see people have used Optima Batteries for their dual battery set up but the batteries are in separate trays. I also found that others use the Odyssey batteries that Overland recommends with its dual battery tray. I have not found anything where people have used the Optima batteries in the Overland dual tray.

Has anyone used the Optima batteries in conjunction with the Overland dual battery tray? (It appears one of the yellow tops fits the dimensions but still wanted to ask the question and see any pics).

BTW.. I have a second gen.

2. Jun 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
    Beuller? Bueller?

3. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    bump for help

4. Jun 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Gelo. I may have to. Kills me though...I can get 2 Optima's almost for the price of 1 Odyssey.

5. Jun 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    Says HERE that it will hold 2 35 group optima batteries.... And cost $165 HERE

6. Jun 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    Where is such deal?

7. Jun 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for sending me the link. I even called Overland and the sales guy said he doesn't know and they never tested it with other batteries!!! go figure.

Thanks again. This is great news.

Products Discussed in

To Top