Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Optima batteries and the Overland dual battery tray

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Optima batteries and the Overland dual battery tray

Hello!

Through searching I see people have used Optima Batteries for their dual battery set up but the batteries are in separate trays. I also found that others use the Odyssey batteries that Overland recommends with its dual battery tray. I have not found anything where people have used the Optima batteries in the Overland dual tray.

Has anyone used the Optima batteries in conjunction with the Overland dual battery tray? (It appears one of the yellow tops fits the dimensions but still wanted to ask the question and see any pics).

BTW.. I have a second gen.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen it . Just go Odessey ? Optima is losing some of its shine since its being made in Mexico now . I chose my duralast platinum over a optima yellow .
Old 06-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
Thanks Gelo. I may have to. Kills me though...I can get 2 Optima's almost for the price of 1 Odyssey.
Where is such deal?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Says HERE that it will hold 2 35 group optima batteries.... And cost $165 HERE
Thanks for sending me the link. I even called Overland and the sales guy said he doesn't know and they never tested it with other batteries!!! go figure.

Thanks again. This is great news.