Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

adjusting the outer door handle

Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
mkhenson is on a distinguished road
mkhenson's Tacoma Gallery
adjusting the outer door handle

1995 tacoma. I am really having to lift up on my door handle to open the door. The original door handle broke, and I have had it replaced, but I need to adust it so I don't have to lift it so high. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhenson View Post
1995 tacoma. I am really having to lift up on my door handle to open the door. The original door handle broke, and I have had it replaced, but I need to adust it so I don't have to lift it so high. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.
sound like one of your linkage clips lose/worn or is not installed right. if not then bend the linkage slightly. to shorten the throw of it. my 2 .
good luck.