1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Difference between, VF2BM and VF2B

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ravenlord, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Jun 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    ravenlord

ravenlord [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Nova Scotia
    I am looking at trading my Fiesta in for a '07 Tacoma. By only gripe is the electronic transfer case.

I know the VF2BM is the electric case behind the Tacoma's RA60F tranny, and the VF2B is the manually operated case behind the A750F tranny on the FJ. What I want to know, is the output pattern on either tcase, or transmission different? Also, is it a matter of building a mechanical linkage for the VF2BM or is the entire electronic system a killer on this case.

Either way if I do end up getting a 2nd gen Tacoma I want manual transfer case. Offroading with an electric case makes me cry a little inside every time I want o shift into 4 lo. There is also nothing more satisfying then the clunk of moving the shifter from 2Hi-4Hi-N-4Lo. I <3 my "J" case.

2. Jun 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    ravenlord

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Nova Scotia
    Thank you muchly.

I was thinking of going with the old school AISIN manually locking hubs, eleminating the need for an ADD. If not I might just wire a new switch for the ADD/ steal the mechinism out of my 94.

3. Jun 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    ravenlord

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Nova Scotia
    So I take it Toyota redesigned the hubs so that you cannot use the old AISIN manually locking hubs off of a IFS 5th gen pickup. Stupid new technology.

Products Discussed in

To Top