Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

New bulb in turn signal...still fast click with no light

Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
smolo2000 is on a distinguished road
smolo2000's Tacoma Gallery
New bulb in turn signal...still fast click with no light

Hey -

My left turn signal blinks very rapidly (except with emergency lights) and I'm not getting anything to light up in the front.

I've replaced the bulb and still have a rapid-clicking turn signal with no light coming from the front (right works just fine)

Any suggestions?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Tman is on a distinguished road

Navy: Chief Radioman (RMC SW)
Tman's Tacoma Gallery
Check the lamps/holders for corrosion build up .. a real problem in those and they add more resistance to the circuit..causing the flasher to weird out on you.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Could be the other way too, a short to the frame in the front turn sig wiring.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolo2000 View Post
Hey -

My left turn signal blinks very rapidly (except with emergency lights) and I'm not getting anything to light up in the front.

I've replaced the bulb and still have a rapid-clicking turn signal with no light coming from the front (right works just fine)

Any suggestions?
is the rear light working??
Old 01-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
is the rear light working??
Read light is working but blinks at the rapid pace.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Check the lamps/holders for corrosion build up .. a real problem in those and they add more resistance to the circuit..causing the flasher to weird out on you.

what's the best way to fix? new turn signal fixture?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Once I know the socket and bulb are clean and working I always use dielectric grease in those small bulb sockets, actually in all sockets, keeps corrosion and water out and a bulbs working.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try putting a new fuse in. i have seen a fuse go bad and the lights will blink fast as hell. may be just a bad connection though.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Old thread i know, but having this same exact issue as Op. Been raining for the past week so cant really do electrical when its wet. Will check the fuses in the AM
Old 12-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update for any similar user issues, new bulbs and fuses checked still rapid blinking no front signal, turns out wire became so brittle it is broken and hanging out the back of the light housing, does this require a whole new harness?
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrogers33 View Post
Update for any similar user issues, new bulbs and fuses checked still rapid blinking no front signal, turns out wire became so brittle it is broken and hanging out the back of the light housing, does this require a whole new harness?

X2
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
new harness, hardly, you can do a splice, but bear in mind if the insulation is bad you should go as far back on the harness as possible, then when fixed, tape the crud out of it for safety sake...