Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

any idea how to remove the skirt?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
smolo2000 is on a distinguished road
smolo2000's Tacoma Gallery
any idea how to remove the skirt?

Looking to get underneath the passenger skirt to remove the power antenna...having no luck so far...

Is there a specific method to this?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
In before someone answers "Tequila".

Can't help your technical question though...
Old 01-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Still no answer to this, huh?

What the "skirt" you're referring to? Sounds like you might be talking about the plastic wheel well liner but I'm not sure. Do you have any pictures to help us out?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even know you could get a power antenna on a Taco
Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #5

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
he has a few post and sounds like trying to replace the antenna
never did any of the fender plastic removal here, sorry
I just glanced through the tech section and you're right. Way too many threads started for the same stuff.

Yo, smolo2000, 1 thread per topic there buddy! Besides keeping the forums clean, you're more likely to get useful information as people will be able to see everything that's been recommended in 1 place without repeating each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Didn't know that either. Might have just been on the older models, or a previous owner swapped the thing out.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Under the fender, you will see some round black plug things. You can reach 2 of them from under the hood. They look like square plugs from inside the hood. Useing a small set of pliers, squeeze to of the corners together, and they will pop out. You will then have to remove 1 more a little further down near the bottom of the wheel well. Im not sure how to remove this one. You can try to pull it out with some pliers, but it will probably break. You can get replacements from the dealer, or a fastener supply shop. After those are removed, you can pull the liner down so you can access the antenna.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
If your planning to remove the fender here is a little how to I found
http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/ar....jsp?id=186288
Old 01-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
First generation Tacomas for the first few years it was part of the 4x4 Limited trim package. I bought one for my 1995 to install but the wiring wasn't there for it.
By the time I rounded up the connectors and wiring diagrams, I lost interest.
Still have a brand new one in the box with the relay and stuff somewhere in my garage.
Doubt it would fit the new Tacoma.