Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Toyota FTW!

Old 07-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota FTW!

Although there are some problems posted on this board relating to Toyota reliability concerns this graphic sums it up well. This is out of the April issue of Consumer Reports if anyone wants to do a little more research.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!! thats the reason we have the tacoma and a honda accord!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Is anyone here really that surprised?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Is anyone here really that surprised?
My only suprise is that Ford beat out Volkswagen and GM. The VWs have issues, but I have had much better luck with them than I have with Fords. That and my 94 Suburban 4x2 Silverado w/ 350ci V8 was bomb-proof. It didn't die until some one hit it - HARD.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am glad that we have an 06 Rav4, 01 Accord, and a 07 Tacoma!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 AM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I had an (85,86?? i cant remember) VW Scirocco a long time ago. It was in the shop at least twice a month. But damn it was fast.

Ted
Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #7
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
My only suprise is that Ford beat out Volkswagen and GM. The VWs have issues, but I have had much better luck with them than I have with Fords. That and my 94 Suburban 4x2 Silverado w/ 350ci V8 was bomb-proof. It didn't die until some one hit it - HARD.
That was exactly what I expected. I wonder about Subaru though my fiancée has a WRX, great car, the all wheel drive makes it sooo much fun, the turbo helps too .
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
That was exactly what I expected. I wonder about Subaru though my fiancée has a WRX, great car, the all wheel drive makes it sooo much fun, the turbo helps too .
My Subaru was bomb-proof. Err, oh wait - IS bomb-proof. I gave it to my sister. She has 240K on it (93 Legacy wagon AWD), and she doesn't do anything but oil changes. At least, I think she does oil changes.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 AM   #9

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My Subaru was bomb-proof. Err, oh wait - IS bomb-proof. I gave it to my sister. She has 240K on it (93 Legacy wagon AWD), and she doesn't do anything but oil changes. At least, I think she does oil changes.
My friend has a Forester (like a 99-01) and it's about to die, I don't think she took care of it at all really though, at least not until her boyfriend moved in and made her do regular oil changes.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
My friend has a Forester (like a 99-01) and it's about to die, I don't think she took care of it at all really though, at least not until her boyfriend moved in and made her do regular oil changes.
I know one too many women like that.

"Oil change? Why? What's wrong with the oil that's in there?"

"Well, crap, how often do I have to do that!?!?!?"

"So, is that bad?"
Old 07-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #11

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know one too many women like that.

"Oil change? Why? What's wrong with the oil that's in there?"

"Well, crap, how often do I have to do that!?!?!?"

"So, is that bad?"
I hear that brother, I just glad my girl isn't like that. She's real good about all maintenance and keeps asking me to make her WRX go faster. Ahh amore
Old 07-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sweet!! thats the reason we have the tacoma and a honda accord!!
Same here, wife 07 Accord V6 EXL, me 06 TRD Sport 4X4
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
whats with hundai?????
it didnt make it 10 years????
do they not last that long?????
Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
whats with hundai?????
it didnt make it 10 years????
do they not last that long?????
holy thread bump.

Surprising Hyundai's reputation and quality are up there with Honda and Toyota. I think with this graph they only charted back 8 years with Hyundai.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
holy thread bump.
WOW, got that right! I like the grapic though