Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Truck Stalls: Reverse to Drive

Old 06-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Stalls: Reverse to Drive

Anyone ever had a problem on a 2010 or newer with stalling?

I've found out that when i shift from reverse to drive quickly without coming to a complete stop, the engine stalls..

Is this just a safety thing? and its made to do this or is this a real problem?

I'm guessing this isn't the good old days where you can shift from rev to drive in one motion.

Can someone confirm this theory?

thanks...
rellim
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Stalls the motor ( rpms plummet ) or the acceleration seems delayed ?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
mine never does that and i shift pretty quickly from drive to reverse and vice versa, sometimes the truck is still rolling a bit when i shift it into either drive or reverse, and never a problem. is your linkage fucked up? there has to be a way to adjust it.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
It kills the engine, Its happen a couple of times.
When it happens i press the brake and throw it back lnto
Park and she fires and i go (pissed of course).

I had turned vsc off before any of this took place, so it was
A open rear end . It has happen with the vsc on.

I do like bang gears alot, wish they had the auto stick
Option for my tranny.
So... Something may be loose .
I poke around underneath when i get the chance ...
Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed a throttle lag in my auto sometimes when switching from reverse to D , but not to the point that it kills the engine as you describe
Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #6

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Will the vin number tell me what exact transmission i have on my truck?
Or is there a place on the tranny case that will tell me what tranny i have.

I've got problems with the tranny slipping while its in park and on a hill.
wondering if the manual tell me when i need to use my e-brake on what grade of slope.

I also saw there was some new flash for the ecm for the tranny, is this correct?