Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Has anyone installed a TruSpeed recalibrator on a VSC equipped Tacoma ?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone installed a TruSpeed recalibrator on a VSC equipped Tacoma ?

As the title states , has anyone installed a TruSpeed Wheel Speed Sensor recalibrator on a 2009 and newer Tacoma ?

http://www.superlift.com/accessories/truspeed.asp
Old 07-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
How much $$
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You could use this one http://www.hypertech.com/products-sp...alibrator.aspx
Plugs in to the OBD port, no wire splicing required.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't read that, good catch
Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody install one of these units on a VSC equipped Tacoma ?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Do not overpay for that damn super lift unit.
I use the Yellow Box.
http://yellr.com/

If I was you, I'd try splicing in behind the cluster on the signal wire.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care about getting the speedo correct , I wonder if correcting the wheel speed sensor info correct will eliminate VSC engagements
Old 07-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

Army: LRS
lurpranger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm using the hypertech speedometer on my 10 dc sport w/35's and have had no problems, programing is easy and then it's a plug and play installation
Old 07-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpranger View Post
I'm using the hypertech speedometer on my 10 dc sport w/35's and have had no problems, programing is easy and then it's a plug and play installation
Did you have any VSC issues prior to using it ?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

Army: LRS
lurpranger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you have any VSC issues prior to using it ?
I have not had any VSC issues.I installed speedometer,lift and tires at the same time,so i'm not sure how truck would have been without it.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpranger View Post
I have not had any VSC issues.I installed speedometer,lift and tires at the same time,so i'm not sure how truck would have been without it.
Thanks