1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Tran Faliure due to Radiator Fail?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Crusher 2, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Mar 29, 2017 at 6:30 AM
    Crusher 2

Crusher 2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Virginia
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB, SR5, Cavalry Blue, mostly stock
    JUS,

Not much more I can add to what is already in the thread. I will add I'm out around 185,000 miles now with no further issues. I got the frame replacement this past October (2016) and she is still going strong.

Are you rebuilding the transmission or replacing it? If replacing is the replacing a rebuilt? Or factory new? If rebuilt perhaps it's the internal valve assembly I noted in an update post about page 2. This valve assembly was not included in the original standard rebuild on mine.

I have had an occasional check engine light related to "shift position sensor". It seems to only occur in really cold weather or if I park the truck on a bind/uneven surface. It does not seem to effect drivability. The symptoms that go along with it are the shifter feels stiff and the "D" light on the dash does not come on. This has only occurred since the frame replacement so I assume something is mis-aligned or needs lubricated. It seems to loosen up after a day of driving and shifting through the gear positions.

I wish you luck, she's now 10 years old and still looking and performing well. I'll keep her around a while. And besides with two kids in college I can't afford a new one right now!

Chuck

JUS likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top