Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Brakes went out for an Hour!!???

Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
mad 23 is on a distinguished road

mad 23's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Brakes went out for an Hour!!???

My wife drove our 06 Tacoma through our garage door friday night. At first I thought she was going into Labor since she is Pregnant and due on the 14th of this month. but as I walked outside she told me she did'nt know what happend. she hit the brakes and nothing happend. so we called my insurance for the damage to the house and truck. I thought she mistakenly hit the gas instead of the break, and left it at that.. The next day I drove it to the Body Shop to get a estimate on the damage. On my way there the front end started shaking a little as if there was a ball on the tire, I thought nothing of it, since the body shop is about 1 1/2 mile from my house. I was there for about an hour and left. On my way out I felt it again and pulled over, cheked all the tires and nothing. I got on the highway to go to home depot and it did it again, but this time it was if my front wheels were coming off. Then I smelled brake fluid and the front end just locked up. ALmost if i was driving with the parking brake on, the brake pedal was solid as a brick and would'nt budge. luckily i was still on the feeder with no traffic. as i slowed down and parked at Home depot I called my wife to pick me up. About an hour passed by the time I got out of H.D. and my wife was waiting. I turned on the truck to se if i could move it and everything was fine. I took it to a brake shop they checked it and drove it and nothing everything checks out on the computer to........

So call me Crazzzzy! still dont know what the Hell went wrong?

Any Answers?????
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a sensor went haywire for a little while. not sure if it will work, but maybe get an obd2 scanner(autozone will do it for you) and see if it pulls any codes up.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
wtf man.... nothing was leaking... maby ur calipers r seized??? take'um apart and lube the shit out of them... maby the abs system shorted. My beddy had a blazer and the abs comp was bad and it wouldent let the pedal move but when unpluged the brakes were fine u could just lock them up
Old 01-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously that could have got bad quick especially the wife being pregnant take it to the dealer when you get time and explain what happened hopefully they can find out what happened.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
mad 23 is on a distinguished road

mad 23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!!!

Thanks guys! actually the brake shop run a scan on the truck no codes and they took the wheels of and nothing out of the ordinary. the Manager said his cousin works for a Toyota dealership and would call him on moday to see if this ever happend before..He did say maybe one of the speed sensors is bad and caused the ABS to go haywire. the other thing is maybe the Brake booster or the Master or both..SHIT! What a way to start the New Year! BROKE AGAIN!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Glad nobody got hurt sound like a pretty wild day. The firt thing I always check for is gremlins they can be a pain in the ass and no matter how many scans you do they come up with a code. Try a flashlight they hate light and dont get them wet then you"ll have even more problems Well good luck.