Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

window regulator handle removal

Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
majestic47 is on a distinguished road
majestic47's Tacoma Gallery
window regulator handle removal

I've got a 2006 tacoma and I'm trying to remove the front drivers side window roll up handle. looking at the manual it shows a rag being shoved around the handle then pulling downward. going for some retaining ring? anyways, the picture makes it look like its some sort of magic trick. I tried it, didnt work. that little plastic ring in there I ripped out hoping that solve something but I still cant see what exactly I'm supposed to do. so how do you get that handle out of there?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
You're going to have a tough time getting a response, because most of the people here have power windows. I know Beeftaco is a Toyota Technician. Try to send him a private message and he'll probably get back to you.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
If you go by a parts store you can get a little tool (normally over in that section that has all the nick nacks in red packaging, I think they say help on them all) it is shaped like a Y. All you should have to do is slide that behind the handle and it will slide off a little retaining spring. I know thats how my 97 is, knowing Toyota I doubt they changed it.