Application of Fluid Film

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #81
mr05taco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
mr05taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
mr05taco - you can check a Grainger store for the gallon can if you have one around you. They sell lots of industrial stuff, tools, etc. That's where I ended up getting mine here in northern VT. They also sell the spray cans too.

Arc'
Thanks man, I found one pretty close to me, I'm gonna go pick some up on thursday
Old 12-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
I was hesitant to order the pro kit from Kellsport, but I am so glad that I did. I only had a cheapo air compressor and wasn't sure how well it would work. I set my air pressure to around 80psi and it sprayed beautifully. The kit was super easy to use and I will continue to use it for years to come. I would recommend to order the extension wand too. I only used about a half a gallon to spray my frame. I will be hitting it again in the spring and I will order another gallon next fall. Good luck with whatever you decide.

One more thing, I live in upstate NY and my kit came in just a couple of days. I was surprised how fast the shipping was.
I think I'm gonna go with a gallon can and then I'll pick up a spray gun at home depot or something. Think a paint gun will work? This should be fun to do without a lift lol
Old 12-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #83
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr05taco View Post
I think I'm gonna go with a gallon can and then I'll pick up a spray gun at home depot or something. Think a paint gun will work? This should be fun to do without a lift lol
If you have ramps and a creeper, it isn't too bad.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #84
bob1008 is on a distinguished road

bob1008's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid Film Discount for Tacoma members

Tacoma members still get a discount on Fluid Film at kellsport products
Just enter voucher code "tacoma" at checkout.
This code gives a discount and free shipping on orders over $49.50.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #85
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 02-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #86
Thanks for all the help guys. I coated it about two months ago now. Should my frame still look "wet"? I feel like I should have went a little heavier
Old 07-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #87
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
I use a Wagner electric paint gun it makes a mist that pretty goes every where bottom line it works and works well. I spray every thing under the truck backing plates for the rear brakes any bolt that I may want to get off 5 years from now springs if it needs to move later in life it gets sprayed.
Is there any way you know of to use a Wagner electric paint gun to get the inside of the box frame that supports the motor and trans ?? Thanks for any reply.

Products Discussed in this Thread