Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Automatic Transmission shifting issues

Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #21
A1tvyu is on a distinguished road
A1tvyu's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, My Tacoma meets the same thing as this but small different. It can not shift to upper gear when it is cold engine. After heat up. the temp meter is pointing to the mid scale position it can be changed to higher gear by moving the gear control rod to lower location at 2 level and than pull it up to D level. it will goes to higher gear, but if want to stop in front of stop traffic sign, it will change to lower gear after I pass the stop traffic sign I need to move the gear control rod to lower at 2 level and then pull it up to D level in order to make it at higher gear so that engine would not rotate at high speed to keep it run at 30..50 miles/hour. Yesterday night I can not make it to higher gear even doing this action on it. I want to know what & which parts get problem to create this problem.

Please any news please email me at yuming@sbcglobal.net & also reply this posting.

Thank you
poor Tv guy
A1tvyu
07-11-2014
Old 07-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #22
A1tvyu is on a distinguished road
A1tvyu's Tacoma Gallery
I want to know what & which parts get problem to create this problem. please tell me the computer control PCB location. Parts no#, and also picture of this computer PCB board, also how much is for the cost of it. I have seen the CD manual for this truck that the gear wiring control is going to the control unit. It is not older flywheel to make gear changing, which when this wheel reach high speed it will make change to gear position. it is pure mechanic.

i think it is using computer control so that after 13 years of using this computer all capacitor is dried out so that old engine it will not work ok, after heated up engine, it will semi work ok by moving control rod down & up again to help to moving upper gear. All electronic PCB boards which using Capacitors are at this same thing that after some time of use, capacitor dry out then the whole thing would create problem.

Please help
A1tvyu.
07-11-2014